• MEP Design
• Construction Administration
Andover-Morris Elementary School involved the complete renovation of the existing 25,580 SF facility and new 17,900 SF building addition.
• The challenge during implementation was to keep the school operating all throughout construction.
• Princeton Engineering Services lead the Smart Design effort for the project, in order to provide innovative design for HVAC, Electrical and Telecommunication Systems for the new addition.
• HVAC upgrades included new packaged rooftop units for the gymnasium and multi-purpose room, associated ductwork distribution, and new boiler plant consisting of (4) gas-fired boilers/burners with integrated Automatic Temperature Controls.
• The electrical design incorporated the existing main panels in the new scheme. A new diesel-electric generator was provided to for emergency and life safety.
• The school’s telecommunication system was expanded and updated to accommodate the new building addition. Coordination with local utility companies was required to ensure a smooth transition during construction.